Truestone

From: Hasni Mubarak (richo@epix.net)
Date: Sat 25 Jan 1997 - 00:57:57 EET

A couple of people replied to my truestone question, and I thank you all. Truestone has
been clarified. More or less, the first guy to get his hands on a chip gets to set the
true stone. I take it, the theory is that the spell is frozen outside of time until it
is released. Thereafter, once the spell is released, somebody needs to cast the spell
INTO the stone to allow it to be reused.

The real question is this: Does the Runelord LOSE his spells when he casts them into the
truestone? I guess it isn't a matrix, it's just a casting of the spell. So, although
he can't renew his spells UNTIL THEY ARE RELEASED FROM THE STONE, he doesn't actually

LOSE the spell. I suppose he could immediately rease all the spells and go sit in the
temple for a month and let somebody else renew the spells in the matrix.

A large enough temple could require that visiting Runelords or Priests or Acolytes could
be required to renew one of the spells in the treasury Rock. (Ok, so everybody loses a
spell until they are reased, but no one person is wandering around without any spells
available.) Heck, if you play that allies can get reusable divine, a temple could
assign an ally to maintain a piece of truestone.

Anyhow, just some thoughts. Thanks again for the clarifications.

Rich