Truestone

From: Philip Hibbs (101621.1264@CompuServe.COM)
Date: Sun 26 Jan 1997 - 16:22:48 EET

Steven E. Barnes:
>As
>written, a piece of blank truestone seems more like some
>hideous Thanatari artifact, rather than a piece of primal
>Law. (Leave it where your victim will find it; after he
>has had all his spells sucked out, kill him and run off
>with the stone. No need to lug rotting heads around)

IMO, Truestone has this effect because it sees Divine magic as a breach of the
Compromise, and tries to take it away from the holder.

>blank truestone should have a capacity, or upper
>limit on the amount of magic that can be stored in it.

I disagree, this is one of the things that makes Truestone really special.

phibbs@csi.compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PHibbs
| Phil Hibbs | What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy fearful symmetry? |