Berserk Variants

From: Philip Hibbs (101621.1264@CompuServe.COM)
Date: Mon 27 Jan 1997 - 12:12:31 EET

>In RQ game terms, however, I think it would boil down to Shargash
>providing the Berserk Divine spell. Is that what you meant Peter?

I have a problem with Berserk, in that too many people take the description
literally. I like the suggestion about the differenced in behaviour, ie. ZZ
attack friends, Humakti won't attack from behind, etc. but one must remember
that many roleplayers do not give the spells so much thought. I feel, therefore,
that variant spell descriptions for different cults are called for as per Paolo
Guccione in #110.

I know some people who believe that the Tap spell does not need to overcome MPs
as the spell description does not say so, whereas some other spells do. I'm glad
Sandy's rules clarify this!

phibbs@csi.compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PHibbs
| Phil Hibbs | What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy fearful symmetry? |