Chairman's Review

From: Andrew Joelson (joelsona@cpdmfg.cig.mot.com)
Date: Thu 30 Jan 1997 - 15:46:12 EET

        This is my review of GC IV, from the organizer's POV.

High Points of the Con:

* The Miskatonic Archeological Expedition
        A somewhat biased statement, but it was the only gaming event I
  succeeded in entering. The rest of the time I was too busy! 11 people,
  a cat, and a zoog all looking for the Shining Trapezohedron....
  This was a blast, and in 3.5 hours we had only two deaths & one per-
  manent insanity!

* Shriek with Sandy!
        This four hour event evidently lasted six-and-a-half, getting high
  praise from all participants.

* Orkarl's Bull
        Another event with glowing reports. BTW, who does own the bull?

Low Points of the Con:

* Greg getting the Flu, and staying home in bed.

* Cancelling at least one game/event per time slot. We had enough events
  lined up to accomodate at least twenty more people than turned up.
  *sigh*

Auction Report:

* The Saga of Harmast Barefoot - $200
* Jonat's Saga - ~$150 (?)
* Borderlands boxed set - $100
* Wyrm's Foornotes #1 - ~160$ (?)
* RuneQuest movie script - $78

        If anyone wants more detailed info onthe auction, Email me privately.

Most Valuable Players (other than myself, of course)

* Nick Brooke, for volunteering just about his whole weekend to help long
  before Valind's Descent.

* Sandy Petersen, for demonstrating that he really _does_ like to talk at
  seminars, and really _can_ do them all day long!

* Don Walli, for video-taping events almost non-stop.

And finally, I would like to thank our sponsor, Orlanth-Cola, for permiting
us to use their trademarks in the 'do-it-yourself Orlanth-Cola Kit'.

                Andrew Joelson
                Chairman, GC IV
                also Treasurer, Chief Cook & Bottle Washer