From: Andrew Joelson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Thu 30 Jan 1997 - 15:46:12 EET
This is my review of GC IV, from the organizer's POV.
High Points of the Con:
* The Miskatonic Archeological Expedition
A somewhat biased statement, but it was the only gaming event I
succeeded in entering. The rest of the time I was too busy! 11 people,
a cat, and a zoog all looking for the Shining Trapezohedron....
This was a blast, and in 3.5 hours we had only two deaths & one per-
* Shriek with Sandy!
This four hour event evidently lasted six-and-a-half, getting high
praise from all participants.
* Orkarl's Bull
Another event with glowing reports. BTW, who does own the bull?
Low Points of the Con:
* Greg getting the Flu, and staying home in bed.
* Cancelling at least one game/event per time slot. We had enough events
lined up to accomodate at least twenty more people than turned up.
* The Saga of Harmast Barefoot - $200
* Jonat's Saga - ~$150 (?)
* Borderlands boxed set - $100
* Wyrm's Foornotes #1 - ~160$ (?)
* RuneQuest movie script - $78
If anyone wants more detailed info onthe auction, Email me privately.
Most Valuable Players (other than myself, of course)
* Nick Brooke, for volunteering just about his whole weekend to help long
before Valind's Descent.
* Sandy Petersen, for demonstrating that he really _does_ like to talk at
seminars, and really _can_ do them all day long!
* Don Walli, for video-taping events almost non-stop.
And finally, I would like to thank our sponsor, Orlanth-Cola, for permiting
us to use their trademarks in the 'do-it-yourself Orlanth-Cola Kit'.
Chairman, GC IV
also Treasurer, Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.7 : Fri 13 Jun 2003 - 16:56:48 EEST