Alkoth

From: Martin Laurie (102541.3423@CompuServe.COM)
Date: Mon 03 Feb 1997 - 01:37:29 EET

James Frusetta:
>Now, I don't know much abou thte Shargashi, but how about the Assyrians?

Peter Metcalfe:
>How could I have _forgotten_ the Assyrians! The only major point
>against them is that they were quite humane in relocating people
>and much of their atrocities were directed at the enemy leaders.
>This is not something the Alkothian would do when fighting the
>Darjiinians for example.

True. Pam has gained many great ideas from the "Assyria on line" web site and
we have long played the Shargashi as having many simiarities to the dear old
Assyrians - we certainly see their earlier architecture as being more on those
lines.

As for atrocities, the Alkothi are prone to them, its true but they aren't
stupid and they are always controlled by Yelm in strategic decision making
terms. So yes they would wipe out whole populations without a thought but only
if they were told too.

Me:
>However is social circumstances, how do you see their relationship
>with the other folk in Dara Happa? Especially given the history
>of Alkothi survival and independance when the other cities fell
>fairly often?

Peter:
>Alkoth's relation with other Dara Happan Cities would be extremely
>patriochal or the 'other cities team in [sport of choice] is crap'
>view. Only rarely has it fallen to the depths of ethnic hatred.

This is how we see it - we play them as being very patriochal as well and very
much along the lines that: "Alkoth is best, we've never been sacked and we held
our own forever cos we're the best, unlike those womanly Raibanthi".

>They seem to be friendly towards Sylila for some obscure reason

They ruled the area for ages (Henjarl?) so I imagine that all the major houses
in Alkoth have significant family groupings all the way around Sylila. We have
a rustic House member from Jillaro with us - Hyamestes - who is sadly unable to
read, says the most uncomprehensible things and is obsessed with horses but is a
family member and a fine fellow for all of that.

>(above and beyond the other Dara Happan cities). Other forms of
>Pelorian lifeforms (especially Darjiinians) are only fit for a
>life of servitude...

Darjiinians!!!! Crush them, destroy them, curse their names!

Martin Laurie