Sartarite coinage redux...

From: Brian K. Curley (Master of Time & Space) (bkc@axle.adp.wisc.edu)
Date: Fri 21 Feb 1997 - 04:08:15 EET

For what it's worth, Greg said that silver coins in Sartar (in his game)
were called guilders, despite the fact that Sartar likely had no guilds
(but noted that the Holy Country *did* and it was likely the term was
imported from there). Interestingly he didn't mention sovereigns
(although I have a follow-up in to him on that, but I also ventured into
the Elmal/Yelmalio quagmire so it may be some time before I extract myself
from that).

BTW someone somewhere mentioned that the Dragon Pass Sun Dome was
populated by Elmal worshippers. I don't remember where I saw it, maybe on
someone's web page. Greg said that ALL Sun Domers were Yelmalio cultists.
I don't know if anyone else was confused about this, but I thought I'd
pass it along.

Brian

+-------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
| Brian Curley | http://axle.doit.wisc.edu/~bkc/brian.html |
| | |
| DNRC Minister of Small- | Shame on you for thinking |
| Round-Things-That-Roll- | Who do you think you are |
| Out-Of-Reach-Under-The | You'll believe what we tell you |
| Desk | You little punk with a guitar |
| | |
| bkc@axle.doit.wisc.edu | - Spank, "Arliss Perry" |