elves and feroda

From: Peter Metcalfe (P.Metcalfe@student.canterbury.ac.nz)
Date: Fri 04 Apr 1997 - 00:33:13 EEST

David Cake:
===========

> I like the idea, but think it shouldn't be overdone - all I would
>really want to say is that something detectable only by elven senses is
>important for proper Aldrya initiation, and some elves can't hear that.

Note that for many Green Elf females and virtually, they rarely if ever
join any cult higher than the Children of the Forest, yet are presumably
part of the forest the way the other elves are. I thus think for an
elf to properly hear the song of the forest requires mature stamens
and pistils - that way immature elves have the wanderlust as they
know something's missing in life.

[Although I do wonder sometimes exactly what the 'bulges' are...]

CF>>Two mushrooms anywhere near each other *are* the same organism, in
>>general.

> My point was merely about structural integrity, rather than
>individuality, how is mushrooms being part of the same organism
>relevent?(of which I was aware, though I hardly see how it applies to
>mobile humanoid fungi, who are unlikely to remain joined by mycellia).

Methinks the point is that Voralans are joined by supernatural Mycellia?

Arf:
====

>Can anyone tell me how Feroda in the Zola Fel valley got buried? I have
>some idea that it had something to do with the Giant's revenge on
>Robcradle (or was it Paragua?). I have the published sources
>(Pavis/Rubble/RoC) but cannot find more than obscure hints about the
>'bunging of Feroda".

Diversion of the Zolar Fel river. A giant sits in the riverbed and
damns it so that the river flows elsewhere - right on top of Feroda.

- --Peter Metcalfe