minor nitpicking

From: Peter Metcalfe (P.Metcalfe@student.canterbury.ac.nz)
Date: Thu 24 Apr 1997 - 11:37:30 EEST

Carl Fink:
==========

>God Learning worked. That's what "right" means, in the sense I was
>using. Note that the big disasters came after the GLs were corrupted,
>and most of their former empire had no actual GLs in them any more.
>(Six Leggers and False Dragon Ring had forgotten the secret.)

Corrupted is a misnomer methinks. The disasters would have happened
even if the God Learners had remained faithful to the original ideals
of the 'Return to Rightness' Crusade. Besides the big disasters also
affected other empires who were always ignorant of the Forbidden Secret
of the God Learners (the destruction of the Elf Empire of Errinoru and
the Two Year Winter that afflicted the EWF spring to mind).

Nick Brooke:
============

[Lodrili versions of the LBQ]

>the
>Pelandans come at it from a different angle altogether: it was *their* gods
>and heroes, outside Hell and never descending, who made the world into
>something worth returning to.

I don't think this is quite right. The Gods of Pelanda did go away
after a while and it was only though the devotions of the Palmsters
of Hagu that Turos returned. *Then* he goes and defeats GanEstoro
and sets the world to right...

- --Peter Metcalfe