Orlanthi warriors converting to 7Moms?

From: Joerg Baumgartner (joe@toppoint.de)
Date: Fri 02 May 1997 - 00:23:00 EEST

Nick Brooke on Yanafali:
>I'd like to add here that I completely agree with Andrew's formulation of
>the difference between the Heartland cult of Yanafal Tarnils (army
>officers) and the Provincial cult of "Yanafal Tarnils of the Seven Mothers"
>(heroic individual scimitarsmen: "adventurers", for want of a better word).

I guess a lot of these are ersatz-Orlanth Adventurous worshippers who saw
the wisdom in the Lunar Way. Many converts in the Provinces ought to
gravitate towards Yanafal, IMO - projecting all their barbarian concepts of
honour to this cult. The officer cult does play a certain role in this
popularity, giving a splendid example of good and honourable conduct (at
least the majority tries to). And in Tarsh this might have worked the other
way around as well, explaining Fazzur's large following of crack officers.
(But then Tarsh has also spawned the Phargantites.)