Re: Glorantha Digest V4 #379

From: TTrotsky@aol.com
Date: Sat 03 May 1997 - 00:11:09 EEST

<< >And an orca pod consists of a single male and a harem of three to four
 females (plus sub-adults of both sexes), which is hardly matriarchal
 either.

 On which planet? Sorry Trotsky - you have old info.>>

    According to my encyclopaedia of mammal biology. Which I confess is over
ten years old. Oh the embarrassment of it....

 << Come to Glorantha Con V this summer in Victoria BC, and stop by the
 Whale Museum in Friday Harbor, WA, or the Vancouver Aquarium in
 Vancouver, BC. Both have excellent exhibits on orca biology.>>

    If only I could...

 << Many of our ideas about animal behavior were formed in the late 1800's
 to mid 1900's.>>

    Oh come on, my book isn't _that_ old. And the orca entry written by a PhD
at Washington U at that, it's not as if I didn't have some reason to assume
it correct...

 <<Modern observations strive for more objectivity, and show a more diverse
range of social systems. Kind of like Glorantha, no?>>

     I agree with you there!

All hail the Reaching Moon!
     Trotsky