Ralios campaign, telling time

From: GBailey@aol.com
Date: Sun 04 May 1997 - 02:35:01 EEST

Howdy,
I'm new to the list. I recently started a Rolemaster
campaign in Glorantha in the northern Ralios region
(RM is the system the players wanted). The PCs are
in the army at a frontier post guarding the road going
to High Llama Pass, their jurisdiction doesn't go
that far, though. The players have never played in
Glorantha.

Two of the three players are hack-n-slashers so it's
getting more disappointing to show them the "wonders"
of Glorantha and have them not care. I first introduced
them to broos, and since they were led by an NPC
"sargeant" he told them to burn everything and not touch
anything. A mistake on my part, a problem with diseases
would have given them worry. But I have another chaos
horror waiting for them... a Jack O-Bear. :)

My question has to do with telling time in Glorantha, especially
in the Ralios region. I asked this in the RM mailing list as
a general question and learned that water clocks have been
around for a long time. Are they, or any other time device,
operating in Glorantha? I ask this since one of the h-n-s'ers

"demanded" to know how long, in hours and minutes, since
a group passed through the area. I told him before sunset
(is that Yelmset?) it was currently after sunset,
but this was not good enough. I finally
gave in, but now realized I should have made him try a
Time Sense (RM skill) roll. Actually, the witness should have
attempted it (and failed of course).

Glen