Glorantha Mush

From: remster@interport.net
Date: Tue 06 May 1997 - 15:04:42 EEST

On Glorantha and it's manifestations/Glorantha Muds & Mushes

Pete N Says -
> I hope to live to see Glorantha the CD-ROM game (along with a CD-ROM
> encyclopedia) and later Glorantha VR. I'm surprised there isn't a Gloranthan
> MUD.

I'm am a Wizard on two World of Darkness Mushes. For those of you not
familiar with MUDS, MUCKS, MUSHes, MUX's, and MOO's, these are
text-based, virtual interactive worlds that can be reached via the use
of any Telnet client. They range from very mechanistic Dungeon Crawls
(most Muds) to highly role-play intensive Role Play environments, based
either as social experiments (Deep Seas Moo) or as reproductions of a
certain genre of SF, Fantasy or Horror (Amber Mud, Elendor [JRR
Tolkien], Strange New Worlds Mush [Star Trek])

What do these Acronyms mean? Here's a few...
MUD = Multi-User Dungeon
MOO = Multiple Object Oriented world
MUSH = Multi-User Shared Hallucination
MUX = Multi-User eXperimental Reality

Most of these are created with a base source program which uses a
simplified programming language similar to C, which allows user to build
their own locations, simulate dice rolling, have code objects perform
specific tasks and emit text, or act as micro-programs within the MU*.

It seems like every fantasy genre has been covered by a Mush or Mux,
except Glorantha! For those who are familiar with Mu* style roleplay,
please e-mail me. I want to take a poll from Gloranthaphiles, via this
list, to see who'd be willing to assist me in the creation of a
Glorantha-based Mux or Mush. Mux's and Mush'es are more role-play
oriented that Muds are, and would be perfect to create an online version
of Pavis or Dragon Pass. Those who are interested in discussing this
with me, please mailto:remster@interport.net Glorantha deserves to take
it's place in the MU* community. We already have too many damn Vampire
MU*'s, let's get a Glorantha one!

For more info on Mu*'s, go to http://www.clock.org/muds/
This is the Index of the MUD resource collection, full of text files and
other stuff to tell you all about MU*'s.

Aloha,
Chris B
mailto:remster@interport.net