Compasses, slaves

From: Philip Hibbs (PHibbs@compuserve.com)
Date: Wed 07 May 1997 - 01:24:14 EEST

OK, one more word on compasses, and that's it. I propmise.

All credit to Owen Jones for being prepared to take a fall over his
contention of my three-compass theory, but:

You in fact only need two, so long as you can triangulate the distance to
one of the compass points! This requires you to be close enough to move a
measureable angle relative to one of the points within a reasonable time,
though.

Apologies for using the obscure (but worthy) PNG format for my diagram -
it's a PCX now.

>the children of Orlanthi slaves are adopted into the clan with
>full rights.

I like this idea, I don't know if it's in any way official, but must be
true at least in some Orlanthi areas. It feels right.

PHIBBS@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PHibbs
Tamworth, UK
| Phil Hibbs | What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy fearful geometry? |