Area Sense

From: Philip Hibbs (PHibbs@compuserve.com)
Date: Wed 07 May 1997 - 10:05:29 EEST

>I think the introduction of
>two new skills (area sense and locate self) is pretty ridiculous...
>What do you think.

In RQ4 terms, which I use, Area Sense translates to Scout (Terrain), eg.
Scout Urban, Scout Mountains, etc. so that is not a problem. Some people
have already categorised Scan and Search as being terrain-specific, but for
pure RQ3 characters, it does need the two new skills.

>>two will tell you that you are somewhere on a circular line between the
>>two compass points.
>Are you presuming that Glorantha (or the world in question) is round?

No. See my diagram at:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PHibbs/Compass.PNG or .PCX

PHIBBS@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PHibbs
Tamworth, UK
| Phil Hibbs | What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy fearful symmetry? |