Parallax, latitude, etc.

From: Alex Ferguson (abf@interzone.ucc.ie)
Date: Thu 15 May 1997 - 00:27:08 EEST

Rule-4 flouting "TTrotsky" says:
> The fact that the merman's location has to be defined implies that the
> stars do show parallax (or that the world is spherical, which it obviously
> isn't).

To be more precise, it at least could be taken as implying that _some_
celestial object varies in apparent position by location, not necessarily
the stars. And I wouldn't be astonished to discover that there was
"latitudinal" variation in the position of the stars, either. After
all, if you can have a horizon on a non-spherical world, truly all things
are possible.

Alex.