Flat and horizontal.

From: Alex Ferguson (abf@interzone.ucc.ie)
Date: Thu 15 May 1997 - 19:55:10 EEST

To quote Chris Lemens, happy birthday to me!

Joseph Troxell is in triangulation heaven:
> If Glorantha is flat, or shaped something like a bowl, there is no
> horizon to interfer with line of sight.

Alas for your plans, for Glorantha _does_ have an apparent horizon.
In fact, line-of-sight is alleged to work _exactly_ like on Earth.
(Obvious implications there for the "Planet Glorantha" theory.)
Why is far from certain. but it's clear that: a) it does; and b)
most Gloranthans still think it's flat. Hardly surprising, really,
as lots of earthlings have historically thought the same, presented
with the same evidence. (Insert favourite mythic handwaving here.)
But still, we shameless reductionists are still inclined to suspect
that this means that either: a) Glorantha isn't entirely flat at all;
or b) Gloranthan optics is weird in some not-fully-specified way that
produces an "illusory" horizon.

At the moment, I'm not sure who to blame for the Bendy Light theory
(an instance of b), above): either Lunar Materialists or the God
Learners are early favourites, though.

Agedly,
Alex.