Re: Objective/Subjective

From: Alex Ferguson (abf@interzone.ucc.ie)
Date: Tue 20 May 1997 - 04:44:51 EEST

Simon (D.) Hibbs attempts to duck the tar-brush:
> I don't even consider myself to be 'subjectivist' in the sense the
> term has been used in this discussion. My own possition is that
> the nature of divinity and the true workings of the divine world
> are beyond mortal comprehension.

For my money that makes you _precisely_ either a Subjectivist, or a
Hidden Variable Objectivist, Simon. (A HVO is a Subjectivist with an
invisible hypothetical security blanket.) ;-)

Contrary definitions of Subjectivist, such as that it means the gods
are whatever one _wants_, I've seen made only by t'other side.

Categorically,
Alex.