RE>Glorantha Digest V4 #414

From: Bill.McKinley@mailhost.dpie.gov.au
Date: Wed 21 May 1997 - 05:12:52 EEST

                      RE>Glorantha Digest V4 #414 21/5/97
Frederick Ferro complimented me and said:

>Does this mean the two realities are "incommensurable" and does this
>make the whole "Objectivity" debate impossible or useless ?

The objectivity debate obviously isn't impossible, since it's been filling the digest for the last week! :-)

Seriously, though, I'm with the subjectivists. As I see it, the various myths are all fumbling attempts on the part of Gloranthans to understand the transcendant, which they are not capable of understanding. The gods and their motivations are simply beyond mortal comprehension. As a result, it is hardly surprising that the various myths are incompatible or in some cases downright contradictory.

As a RW example, I cite Genesis, which as I recall includes two mutually exclusive creation stories.

Bill McKinley