Absolutely NOTHING about the nature of gods!

From: Carl Fink (carlf@panix.com)
Date: Thu 22 May 1997 - 03:58:59 EEST

mr happy <ajbehan@tcd.ie>

>I'm sorry if I'm a bit rude but this bugged the crap out of me. "The
>religion of science is right." Sure, when it comes to the velocity of a
>speeding bullet but not on a lot of other things. Marxism and Freudianism,
>both eminently "scientific" are, shall we say, not always right.

Neither has a thing to do with science, either.

That's not true -- they were both *inspired* by actual science, but
neither is "scientific" by definition. They aren't supported by
evidence.

Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke@compuserve.com>

>Carl wishes that "different stuff" had been and was being published, better
>fitting his rather literal take on some aspects of RQ2's Glorantha.
>
>Now, if people who thought that way *were* writing and publishing, there
>*would* be all these different types of sources. (Hurrah!). Instead, it
>looks like the creative types among us mostly write about "Subjective"
>Glorantha, and all that the "Objective" fans do is whinge about it and wish
>nothing was being added to the already-perfect world as defined in the RQ1
>rulebook and presumably sullied by every subsequent release (Cults of Prax
>and Terror *not* excepted).

Nick, you're raising a sore point there.

I *did* (help to) write something called "RuneQuest: Adventures in
Glorantha". Trouble is, Greg and Sandy rejected it after we'd
invested literally thousands of hours, not only writing but editing
and *typesetting* the thing.

Your implicit accusation above is unwarranted and frankly, given the
circumstances, offensive.
- --
Carl Fink carlf@panix.com

Remove AGIS from the backbone!