Prax and truth

From: Peter Metcalfe (P.Metcalfe@student.canterbury.ac.nz)
Date: Fri 23 May 1997 - 06:39:43 EEST

Frank Rafaelsen:
================

>The dominance of the Sable tribe is a much
>greater threat in the eyes of a nomad than any city dweller can ever be.
>And this is why the nomads eventually do kick the lunars out.

Well this seems a tad weak to me for the Pure Horse Tribe ruled for
longer in Prax (from 620 to 1250 ST) and they were only kicked out
after severe previous defeats. Given this, why should we expect the
the other nomads to co-operate in kicking out the sables?

Trotsky:
========

>Heck, I like the Dara Happans as much as
>anyone, but I don't see any evidence their magic works better than anyone
>elses. I think their success is due to quite different reasons.

Then why were the Lunars able to defeat the Carmanians? Why
were the Lunars able to defeat Sheng Seleris when he was at the
height of his powers and then some? Why have the Lunars been
able to defeat Orlanth in the very land where he was born and the
Praxians within the confines of their Sacred Land?

To say that the Dara Happan magic works no better than anybody
elses is like saying that the Technology of the 19th Century
Europeans is no better than anybody elses IMO.

- --Peter Metcalfe