Hon Hoolbiktu

From: Andrew Joelson (joelsona@cpdmfg.cig.mot.com)
Date: Wed 28 May 1997 - 15:14:21 EEST

Peter Metcalfe:
> GOD LEARNERS vs CLOSING: Zzabur unleashes a massive spell called
> the Closing. Despite the combined intellectual power of the God
> Learner Empire at its height, they are unable to counteract this
> curse and so their Empire is shattered. Later the curse is
> nullified by a two-bit sailor turned heroquestor.

        Untrue; the Closing is still in effect. Dormal found a way
_around_ it. Just try taking a ship out of harbor without perform-
ing the Dormal rites (if your crew doesn't mutiny first).

> SIX LEGGED EMPIRE vs HON HOOLBIKTU: The Six Legged Empire is
> vast, powerful and organized. They maintain a professional
> army on horseback. They are overthrown by a hero who leads an
> army of half-naked savages wielding pointed sticks.

        Is this really true? I know very little about the subject,
but I seem to recall Hon Hoolbiktu being listed as one of the few
'non-violent' Hero's of Glorantha. This from one of the long 'what
is a Hero' debates. Sartar and Hon-Eel were also listed as non-violent,
if i recall correctly.
        Can someone give us a short history of Hon Hoolbiktu? Sandy?

                Andrew

"I do believe in Sandy! I do, I do, I do!
 I do believe in Sandy! I do, I do, I do!"