Better magicians

From: David Cake (davidc@cyllene.uwa.edu.au)
Date: Tue 27 May 1997 - 22:26:20 EEST

I think the Trotsky 'better magic' argument all comes down to semantics. In
his view, the Lunars do not have better magic. But it certainly seems like
they have better magicians - which is what I think everyone else is talking
about. And they use them more effectively.
        Actually, I don't think by Trotskies argument you could make a fair
case that the sorcerers actually have worse magic. In almost every case,
they actually get considerable less from a single magic point. Of course,
they do get to throw a lot of MPs around, and do a lot of fancy things with
them. And the sorcerers worse magic is balanced by having lots of good
magicians, in effect.

        Cheers

                David