Ants vs. Walktapi

From: Klyfix@aol.com
Date: Fri 30 May 1997 - 10:09:57 EEST

Ian Gorlick notes...

> The praxians have developed an effective method of getting rid of
> walktapuses.
> They chop them into small bits and stake the individual bits down on ant-
> hills.
> There are lots of ant-hills in Prax. The ants will clean up the problem as

> long
> as the bits are small enough that they can't regenerate to a mobile state
> faster
> than the ants can eat them.

        Wouldn't the ants possibly end up getting infected with chaos? I've
guessed that the reason there's all those lightly chaos tainted troll
varieties (according to the _Gloranthan Beastiary_) is because of the
trollish habit of eating whatever they happen to kill. While it probably
isn't a high chance, an ant hill has a lot of ants and likely a couple would
end up changed in some manner. If the queen gets changed, then the real fun
would begin.

V.S. Greene : klyfix@aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...