Democratic ? That's a joke !

From: Claude Manzato (cmanzat@sbs.de)
Date: Fri 30 May 1997 - 22:31:48 EEST

I was wondering: is there some place in glorantha were democratic
city-states are know to exist ? Something like classic Athens (now before

someone write it, I know that in Athens the definition of the free people
allowed to vote was quite restrictive).

In the RW, those society where based on the need for a manpower base,
military in nature. But I was dreaming of a cult where initiates are to vote

to elect the acolytes and the priests. Complete with annual election during
the HHD, propaganda campaigns, several parties (I mean subcults) and maybe
different runespells depending on the majority.

Maybe some god learners experience left over.