Re: Kralorelans again

From: Alex Ferguson (abf@interzone.ucc.ie)
Date: Mon 02 Jun 1997 - 21:59:11 EEST

Nils Weinander takes exception to my apathy:
> > For myself, I find it hard to get worked about [the idea of the New
> > Dragon Ring making stuff up]

> Well, it ruins _my_ sense of wonder. Why is that so
> damn hard to understand and/or accept?

Well, I can easily _accept_ it, in the sense that the evidence of my
own eyes persuades me to accept the fact that some people like lime
green crop-tops. But I'm not likely to be able to understand _why_
it's the case without some sort of motivating explanation. Otherwise,
it's an argument I find as persuasive as "MGF" or "philosophically
repellent". (To wit, not at all.)

One could make almost exactly the same sort of argument about Dara
Happan "history", for example. Ought we to refrain from discussions
of what a mendacious miscreant Plentonious was ( -- allegedly) in
case it punctures anyone's sensawunda?

Wonderfully,
Alex.