HQ, Walktapi, Conservation

From: Philip Hibbs (PHibbs@compuserve.com)
Date: Wed 04 Jun 1997 - 02:46:46 EEST

+------------------------------------------------------------------------=
- -+
>Heroquests take place in _Gloranthan_ myth, and
>what you have seen must be those GM's own versions of heroquesting.
>Personally i'e never heard of people heroquesting in other gameworlds, b=
ut
>then I've not heard of that many campaigns wherein the PC's have gone on=
>HQ, either.

I've actually participated in a DnD game where the DnD characters went on=
HeroQuest _to_Glorantha_! It was a deliberate pisstake of another referee=

who had run an atrocious RQHQ previously, though, so no-one's Gloranthan
sensibilities should be upset.

+------------------------------------------------------------------------=
- -+
>Sandy writes about Neverstarve biscuits: =

>>Once it is swallowed, the eater need never eat again -- the biscuit
>>constantly regenerates within his or her stomach as it is being digeste=
d.
>What prevents the bit of biscuit from moving along through the digestive=

system =

>and regenerating from the excrement? =

Well, fire and disruption can both destroy a walktapus, but I can't
rebember if acid can. I guess so, otherwise what you say would happen.
Maybe digestion breaks the walktapus down so far that it takes years for =
it
to regenerate, in which case, no-one would notice the relationship to
Neverstarve biscuits.

+------------------------------------------------------------------------=
- -+
>IMHO walktapi's seem more like D&D monsters than just about any other =

>Glorantha critter.

So? Not _all_ DnD monsters are undesireable in an RPG.

+------------------------------------------------------------------------=
- -+
>Anyone want to classify Sandy?.....I think he's really Dayzatar....

No, Sandy's more like Gbaji. Just play Doom or Quake for a couple of hour=
s,
and say this isn't the work of a truly corrupting influence.

+------------------------------------------------------------------------=
- -+
>Spells such as Regrow Limb and Heal
>already convert magical energy directly into flesh bone and blood

I'd dispute this, the spell just focuses your body's healing to a degree
that it cannot normally achieve. After all, it takes weeks. Neutralise
Damage, there's another kettle of keets.

>(Heal can restore hit points lost due to bleeding, for example).

Can it? I thought it could only restore hit points lost through locations=
,
not general hit point loss.

But I agree with your overall point, there is no ultimate conservation la=
in Glorantha.

+------------------------------------------------------------------------=
- -+
Hurrah - there's another 26 digests eaten at one sitting.

PHIBBS@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PHibbs
Burton-Upon-Trent, UK
- -+
| Phil Hibbs | What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy fearful symmetry?=

- -+