Sylphs

From: Andrew Joelson (joelsona@cpdmfg.cig.mot.com)
Date: Wed 01 Oct 1997 - 15:36:03 EEST

        Why doesn't the Lunar Empire's Cult of the Young Elementals provide
Lunar-types with air elementals/Sylphs?
        In the old RQ system, I believe that the reason was partly game
balance; Lunars got Lunes instead. And the terriffic mobility advantages
given by the Orlanthi access to air/storm magic helped to balance out other
Lunar advantages. It also helped differentiate the onew side from the
other; they didn't both have the same magics.
        But I don't see that this follows mythicly, or even logicaly.
The newer revalations of GRoY, FS, and particularly the Entekosiad show
that air goddesses, speficily Molanni and Entekos, are well known in
Peloria. Is it beyond the power of these goddesses to grant Sylphs?
You'd think the Lunars would work out a way to get air magics from
these cults, in order to fight the Orlanthi barbarians in Sartar! Not

to mention the possibility of getting these magics from the 'Lunarized'
Orlanthi dwelling in the Empire & its allies, from Bilinni to Talastar.

Andrew Joelson joelsona@cpdmfg.cig.mot.com -|-
aka Rupert von Harl; Cults of Seven Mothers, Yanafal Tarnils and Humakt |
 "Contradiction? No, I always did tend to kill chaos creatures anyway" /