Cybermostali, and some magic

From: Pasanen Panu (passo@students.cc.tut.fi)
Date: Mon 13 Oct 1997 - 14:03:59 EEST

 Sergio wrote:

> You can say what you want Pasanen, the question remains: why not? Why can't
> priests or sorcerors access a fetch? (After all, they do have spells and
> shamans have spells.) The only answer until now is that they can't do it by

 I can say what I want, even the answer, but the question remains? Because
 the gods do want their priests to worship them, not to petition some
 puny spirits. Priests _know_ that spirits are useful, and so Argan
 Argar gives the priests ability to command shades etc. But it is not
 a priest thing to go into the spirit plane. Nor a sorcerer thing.
 It requires certain perception of the world to be a shaman, and that
 perception is not available sorcerors, and only to those priests, who
 worship spirits (ancestors).

 Jose wrote:

> Some people (me included) think that in established dwarven strongholds
> they have all the technomagical nightmare (including artificial eyes,
> nilmerg autoloaders, microsalamander lighters, electricity, the steam
> engine, etc.).

 Gothic mostali factory: huge hall, filled with all kinds of big
 metal machines, lot of oil, metallic noise and fires everywhere.
 Improper illumination (earthsense helps) and heavy metal music
 (from the smiths' workshop.)

> Don't forget the unreliability factor, the worst
> consequence of the Gods War.

 I think that all unreliability causes, is more staff on maintenance.
 They want to benefit from technology, not to be blown apart.

 The God of Hellfire. You can call me Passo.