ummmmm....

From: Andrew Joelson (joelsona@cpdmfg.cig.mot.com)
Date: Thu 16 Oct 1997 - 15:26:02 EEST

Jeff Richard:
> Why do you assume that Super Runequest stats or Conan the Barbarian
> could re-enact the Baths of Neliot? What if the Baths test something
> other than sheer physical toughness.....<snip>

        Because I heard Sandy Petersen say so at a con (GC IV, I think).
Orlanth wnet there to gain knowledge; he emerged with the necessary
knowledge/data/inspiration to perform the LBQ. Presumably that's why

Harmast went there.....
        It is worth noting that Hwarin Dalthippa also succeeded there,
and evidently went back there to 'retire from the world'.

                Andrew

"The Muse struck me the other day; damn all unions!"