Forgetting Names

From: Hibbs, Philip (philip.hibbs@tnt.co.uk)
Date: Wed 19 Nov 1997 - 21:02:09 EET

>How the heck do you "forget" the name of your god?

In Glorantha, names can be erased from the world through consumption by
chaos, but I bet there are other ways, like there are ways that spirits
can steal bodies and displace the incumbent without the use of the chaos
feature that does it. The holy day re-enactments using the new name
would, over time, cause the old name to be erased from memories, and
maybe even written records would change to show the new name. It is Hero
Questing, after all.

philip.hibbs@tnt.co.uk or phibbs@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/phibbs
| What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy perfect symmetry? |