Wild Hunt

From: peter metcalfe (metcalph@voyager.co.nz)
Date: Sat 03 Jan 1998 - 07:44:11 EET

Thomas Gottschall:

>From time to time I read of the wild hunt. This seems to be some magical
>phenomenon of the Orlanthi. Could anybody give me a more detailed info ?

It's actually a Gagarthi phenomenon. Tales had a writeup of the
cult in issue 4, with the spirit magic spells in issue 5. The
Souls of the Gargarthi go and join the Wild Hunt where they hunt
down Star Bears. Occasionally they manifest to hunt down cult
recaltraints and unfortunates who happened to be in the wrong place
at the wrong time. The only other mention of Star Bears that I know
of is in Lunar mythology where the Goddess herself is riding on a
bear.

- --Peter Metcalfe