Telmori

From: Stephen Martin (ilium@juno.com)
Date: Tue 06 Jan 1998 - 08:15:37 EET

Tim Ellis really is a bit late:
>Anyone care to conjecture what it was Ostling had to offer, and whether
>he was able to give the Dragon Pass Telmori any tangible sign that their
>curse might be broken, or merely hope?

This is what I was talking about a couple of weeks ago (sorry, don't know
the Digest #, as I no longer archive them) when I mentioned a third type
of Telmori Tribe, the Changed Ones. The Curse is still in force, but
instead of affecting all of the Telmori 1 night in 7, it affects about 1
in 7 Telmori by allowing them to turn into wolves at will, though still
requiring them to become wolves on Wildday nights (or whenever -- I don't
want to start that argument again).

So, to recap my beliefs:

Pure Ones -- no involuntary change, no voluntary change, can use Divine
spells to change

Cursed Ones -- involuntary change on Wildday, no voluntary change, can
use Divine spells to change

Changed Ones, majority -- no involuntary change, no voluntary change, can
use Divine spells to change

Changed Ones, werewolves -- involuntary change on Wildday, voluntary
change at will

Although they would gain little relative benefit anyways, perhaps the
Changed Ones can no longer gain any benefit from the Telmor Divine
spells?

And yes, I realize that the Changed Ones overall are much better off than
either the Pure or Cursed Ones. That is what heroquesting magic is
primarily for, after all -- to enrich the tribe.

Stephen Martin
ilium@juno.com
The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic@juno.com