list archives

From: Loren Miller (loren@wharton.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed 07 Jan 1998 - 20:57:10 EET

Hi Everyone,

There has been some talk on the list recently, while I was vacationing
with the in-laws, of assembling bits and pieces of old Glorantha Digests
into more complete and presentable form. For those of you whom are
thinking about undertaking this sort of editorial work and ferreting out
old gloranthan articles from the digest and cutting and snipping them
together with your own writing I *highly* recommend that you download the
old volumes while you may. Not only is it faster to do a search on your
local hard drive than it is to search over the net on a computer that may
be bogged down with any arbitrary set of applications, but there may be a
matter of availability to deal with. Because of disk space shortages I may
have to take past volumes offline at any time, and those of you whom were
here when I closed volume 3 of the digest will remember how swiftly that
can happen. So... stop by this URL

   http://rider.wharton.upenn.edu/~loren/Fabulous/glib.html#archives

And take as many of the zipped archives as you can. Spread them all
around. Give them to your friends. Give them to your enemies. Give them to
people with enough free time to read all of them. Etc, etc, etc. This way
we will never lose access to all the materials, no matter what happens.

Again, I urge you to download whatever you can ASAP.

Loren Miller <
loren@wharton.upenn.edu>
A priest, a rabbi, a Penn student, and an elephant walk into
a bar. The bartender says, "what is this, some kinda joke?"