Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #328

From: Pasanen Panu (passo@students.cc.tut.fi)
Date: Sun 11 Jan 1998 - 14:46:56 EET

 Tadaaki Kakegawa wrote a mighty fine cult description. More interesting
 than those Humakti clowns. Stellar magics still puzzle me, though.

 Nick Brooke spanks me furthermore:

> "She wrapped the chaos god in her legs and her web, and with every
> orifice she sucked everything out of the Devil and filled herself with
> it." King of Sartar p.88. Ever hear how spiders make love? Note that
> she subsequently gives birth to their child, Time.

 No, I don't know how spiders make love. Must be fascinating, though.
 I took Time as Goddess-birth, even if the power for this came
 from Wakboth.. It was stolen, not given.

> well." Wyrms Footprints p.52.

 All right. Maybe I should have checked Wyrms Footprints first.
 Didn't bother to go home for it.

> I'm sure she has a sex life. You just don't want to know the details:
> they're an initiatory secret of the Reaching Moon Temple. But with all
> those hands... ooohhhh boy!

 Yeah, four hands hold the whips.

> Nowadays the Empire is bloated and decadent. I don't believe the average
> scion of its wealthy, decadent and inward-looking upper classes is
> particularly motivated to study hard and improve himself for the good of

 I suggested, that College is partially a place to put unoccupied
 noble youth in to for a few years.

> Note that that year is spent providing magical support to the Army, not
> carrying a tent, spear and shovel and learning how to fight.

 Yes, but providing magical support to a centurion certainly beats
 doing the same thing to a file of moody barbarians, who can't stand
 that you get twice the payment they do.

 Panu Pasanen.