Re: Cataphracts and Troll Sex

From: johnjmedway (jmedway@io.com)
Date: Sun 11 Jan 1998 - 20:42:51 EET

>Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 07:22:05 -0500
>From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke@compuserve.com>
>Subject: Re: Cataphracts
- -..
>A "Cataphract" is (as far as my meagre knowledge goes) essentially a
>knight in metal armour riding on a horse with metal barding, but turning
>up in the ancient world and not the middle ages. The Sassanid Persians
>used them. Wargamers use them lots. Me, I see them in books...

Couple of key provisions seem to be:

1. full envelopment in flexible armors, such as scale, chain, lamellar, or
   combinations thereof, a hooded (with chain or scale...) skull-cap or other
   partial helmit, and lack of shield.

2. very close order formation.

3. attack at a trot, rather than a charge (I am less sure of this)

4. sometimes were equipped with bows

>Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 18:27:39 +0200 (EET)
>From: Pasanen Panu <passo@students.cc.tut.fi>
>Subject: Gloranthan female gods, College of Magic
- -..
> images for Issaries Inc. Zorak Zoran's sex life would be quite normal,
> I believe. Uz do revere females...

What makes you think ZZ is straight?

| jmedway@io dot com |