Spider sex once again.

From: Pasanen Panu (passo@students.cc.tut.fi)
Date: Wed 14 Jan 1998 - 12:26:46 EET

 Sandy Petersen wrote:

> Trotsky
> <<No, I don't know how spiders make love. Must be fascinating, though.>>
> As one of the digest's foremost arachnophiles, I feel bound to
> answer this question. Grab the nearest spider and take a close look.

 The one who asked that question was me, not Trotsky. He proved his
 intimate knowledge of spiders already... Being small and furry is
 _not_ easy, at least to a spider male!

> Aspects of this mating system have got to have useful
> applications to someone in Glorantha. One obvious point is that female
> trolls are highly carnivorous, too. Perhaps males tend to bring gifts to
> appease potential mates.

 Instead of a human talking to uz who brings food, where the idea
 is 'eat this while we talk.' uz males might bring food to attractive
 females, key point being 'eat this while we f**k.' Seems like just the
 thing for Kyger Litors orgiastic aspect.

 Panu Pasanen.