Uleria

From: Sergio Mascarenhas (sermasalmeida@mail.telepac.pt)
Date: Mon 19 Jan 1998 - 13:30:08 EET

An idea came to me on the discussion about the place of Uleria in Orlanthi
mythology:

The reason why she 'doesn't fit in' is because she realy is... Ernalda!
Uleria and Ernalda are one and the same. Uleria is the erotical
manifestation of the mother goddess. Why a separate manifestation? I can
suppose it should have to do with pre-historic events:
Uleria was the primal manifestation of Ernalda: Uleria / Ernalda the
seductress, the goddess that seduced the mighty Orlanth.
When the darkness came, in the fight for survival Ernalda could not allow
herselve the freedom of eroticism. So her erotic self gained an independent
existance under the guise of Uleria.
The creation of time forced the two manifestations to remain separate.
This would be a secret just known to high priestesses of Uleria and
Ernalda.

Sergio