Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #343

From: allen wallace (alwallac@linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us)
Date: Thu 22 Jan 1998 - 01:56:49 EET

Miko,

Valid point that we are not talking humans here, Good failsafe argument.
All I'm saying, is there is no reason that trolls wouldn't develop
unfortunate sexual behaviors, in our eyes, and not consider them normal.

This might reasonably be heightened by the inequality in power between
female and male. I still disagree that the male reproductive strategy is
going to be at core much different than the human male. Rape as a

successful reproductive strategy has as a rule been unsuccessful here.
Agression is in both cases going to be against the competition not the
female, in the case of trolls, most definitely not against the female. The
male still has to outshine the rest or maybe overshadow would be a better
term. K strategy reproduction is correct, I suspect, but not so
overwhelming as you imply. Troll reproduction is slowed down by the curse
as much as anything. Trolls are as a group, violent and unpleasant. They
are also fun to play. Trying to make them the noble misunderstood savage
cuts the guts out of them.

                        Allen