Glorantha Con 7

From: Shannon Appel (appel@chaosium.com)
Date: Fri 23 Jan 1998 - 00:08:14 EET

Here's Roderick's extended write-up on Glorantha-Con 7.

Shannon
- --
                            Issaries Inc.
                         in association with
                                Gamex

                               presents

                           Glorantha Con 7
                           May 22-25, 1998
                          LAX Wyndham Hotel
                       Los Angeles, California

                        Watch for updates on:
                       http://www.glorantha.com

** GUESTS OF HONOR

Robin Laws - Author, Glorantha The Roleplaying Game
Greg Stafford - Creator of Glorantha

** SCHEDULED EVENTS

SEMINARS

Robin Laws: Discusses GtRPG, "Things I learned about Glorantha writing the RPG"

Jeff Richards: Secrets of the Orlanthi - Revealed!

Greg Stafford: What is Mythology, Mythology of the Red Moon, Stafford Reads

OTHER EVENTS

Live Action Trollball
Storytelling

GAMES

Glorantha Roleplaying

  The new Glorantha the Roleplaying Game will be unveiled at Glorantha
  Con 7! We will be running sessions of the new game every day to
  ensure that everyone gets a chance to see the new mechanics in
  action.

Three Heads are Better than One: Holy Week in the Temple of Thanatar
James B. Chapin

  A 40 player LARP. It's High Holy Day in Knocksberry. Well, if you
  worship Thanatar, the Severed God, it is. There's quite a
  celebration, and lots to prepare: food, drink... and did you
  remember to bring the sacrifices? Join gentle headhunters and mad
  diplomats, savage prisoners and friendly head ghosts, for intrigue,
  heroics, and violent dismemberment. Parental Guidance recommended.

** CONVENTION REGISTRATION

Preregistration is $27.50 through May 1, 1998. Checks and money
orders must be in U.S. funds and should be made out to "Strategicon."
Please mail them to:

  GloranthaCon c/o Janice Sellers
  Chaosium, Inc.
  950 56th St.
  Oakland, CA 94608

Hotel Information

The convention will take place at the LAX Wyndham Hotel, 6225
W. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045; (310) 670-9000. Room
reservations must be made directly with the Wyndham. The convention
room rate is $84 (plus taxes)/night for a single, double, triple, or
quad. The cut-off date for this rate is May 8, 1998.

The Wyndham runs a free shuttle between the hotel and
L.A. International Airport.

For those driving, parking at the hotel is $6/day ($9 for valet
parking) with convention validation, and free (but still $9/day for
valet parking) for hotel guests.

** EVENT SUBMISSION

Forms for seminars, events, and game submission follow. Email
addresses they should be sent to are listed.

Seminars - We are looking for lectures, panels, debates or any other
form of seminar for the edification of the convention members.

Events - We are already planning on having Live-action Trollball and a
Storytelling session, but can use other non-game and non-seminar
events.

Games - We need Gamemasters to run games, We prefer Glorantha-specific
games, in any system; Miniatures, Runequest, Gurps, etc.

Gloranth the Roleplaying Game - We are looking for experienced
Glornathan GMs to run sessions of the new Glorantha the RPG. GtRPG
gamemasters will play a game with Robin as he explains the rules, and
will be expected to run one or two games (scenario provided) at
GloranthaCon. Priority for GMs will be for experienced Glorantha GMs
who plan to attend Origins and/or GenCon.

- --Begin Seminar Form: Cut Here--
Yes! I'd like to run Seminar

Send to: Roderick_J_Robertson@ccm.sc.intel.com

Your Name: