Godunya

From: Stephen Martin (ilium@juno.com)
Date: Tue 27 Jan 1998 - 07:06:05 EET

Peter Metcalfe
>Thus a Mandarin who visits the Capital should expect to see
>Godunya even if he is kowtowing with others at the time. This
>is the type of public appearance that Godunya would make. But
>because Godunya's public appearances are described as "rare"
>(compared to what?), gives me the impression that this is not
>happening and that something is Wrong.

This is a rather large assumption, you must admit. I once was in a group
which went to a "private audience" with the Pope -- there were a few
thousand people there. The word "public" can mean different things, and I
think it is more likely that GoG meant that the common person rarely sees

Godunya, not that he is only seen by the Mandarins and Exarchs once a
decade or so.

Stephen Martin
ilium@juno.com
The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic@juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]