Lunar Illuminates

From: Nikk Effingham (eng7nje@arts-01.novell.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: Thu 29 Jan 1998 - 12:25:15 EET

>>I was thinking about the nature of Vows and Ilumination. D:LoD
>speaks
>> of extra power for Illumination - does anyone believe that
>>Illumination can allow a sorceror under Sandy's rule system to
>ignore
>> their Vows like Geases are ignored.
>
>There's a bit of a dichometry about this for the illuminated
>lunars are known to have geases too (they are called renunciations
>and penances). So breaking a geas or vow shouldn't be an automatic
>consequence of illumination IMO.

I've never played as such that all Illuminates have all the powers.
In fact, the only Illuminate PC I have in my game at the moment has
only a single power, the first one, and he grumbles and groans about
it all the time : ) I would rule that those Illuminates who do not
adhere to their Vows are even more rare than those who don't adhere
to their geases. And anyhow, just because you don't *have* to adhere
to your geases doesn't mean you won't choose to to prove your
devotion to the so-called Light Side of Illumination.

Nikk E.
Nikk Effingham
eng7nje@leeds.ac.uk
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/7556/