Guerillas

From: Hibbs, Philip (philip.hibbs@tnt.co.uk)
Date: Thu 29 Jan 1998 - 20:41:14 EET

>One problem you will tend to encounter in most books that talk about
>guerilla warfare is they tend to romanticise it, in several different
ways.

What's wrong with that, from a roleplaying point of view? Too much
realism can be a bad thing. Robin Hood *may* have, in real life, been a
murderous, uneducated thug, but would you roleplay him that way? No,
he'd be a hero, and the Sherriff of Nottingham would be the murderous
psycho, because that's the way the legend is told. Many Glorantha games

are run where the PCs are full or part time Orlanthi rebels, I se no
reason why the game shouldn't be run in legendary style, with heroic,
good-guy resistance fighters just like in the movies. You could even
throw in a bit of 'Allo 'Allo for MGF.

>dichometry
Dichotomy?

I just looked up dichotomy in WWWebsters, here are two of the
definitions:

2 : the phase of the moon or an inferior planet in which half its disk
appears illuminated
4 : something with seemingly contradictory qualities

philip.hibbs@tnt.co.uk or phibbs@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/phibbs
| What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy perfect symmetry? |