I finally did it.

From: Michael Cule (mikec@room3b.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu 29 Jan 1998 - 21:29:10 EET

I finally decided to drop my players right in it.

Having got them settled down in Refuge (which is to be their refuge from the
fact that the Lunars want to nail them to things in Pavis) they have discovered
that the previous Lhankhor Mhy priest at the Lightbringers temple went barking
mad and started burning his personal notes and filing system before he was
stopped. The Lunars seemed very interested in getting access to the LM library.

A search produced a book with a purple cover (the colour of nobility and the
EWF as the LM Acolyte in the party spotted) which was printed (printed!)
in a peculiar script that seemed to be a version of Heortlander/Sartarite.

The Acolyte naturally decided to use his Translate spell. And got the shock of
his life.

First the God himself spoke to him, begging him not to use that spell on this
book. The god found himself knowing what he could not possibly know.

Then he started to see the meaning of the book. The title was: KING OF SARTAR
by Greg Stafford. It purported to be a history of the future. He managed to
read as far as the beginning of Annotated Argrath's Saga before passing out

from the strain.

They now have certain decesions to make.... (Heh! Heh!)

- --
Michael Cule

Actor And Genius
AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop Of The Far Isles Medieval Society
Arms Purpure An Open Book Proper: On the Dexter Page an Alpha Or
On the Sinister an Omega Or. Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistendo
(Resistance is Useless). Ask me about the Far Isles:
Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.