God Forgot

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@voyager.co.nz)
Date: Sun 01 Feb 1998 - 02:31:01 EET

Joerg Baumgartner:

>>>How so? As far as we know Brithos has transited into Solace (or
>>>something similar, a state of absolute logic) very much like the
>>>City of Malkonwal did during the Darkness (I Fought We Won?).

>>It's claimed by the Sorcerers of Arolanit who have no proof.

>I doubt that there were Brithini sorcerers in Arolanit before the Dawn,
>except perhaps in an obscure Waertagi port without any hinterland. There
>were exiled Brithini scattered along the shore of Seshnela, with
>Neleoswal and Frowal the known centres.

I'm disagreeing with the claim that Brithos has translated into Solace
(or something similar), not the claim about the City of Malkonwal.

On the God Forgotten:

>Their rulers at least were, however, descended from the Brithini,
>and came to the Leftarm Isles on Waertagi ships, IMG.

There's a problem with this in that the 'alleged' Brithini who
settled on the western coasts of Genertela were actually exiles
and suchlike forced out from the pure land of Brithos. So why
would God Forgot be colonized by pure Brithini believers so far
from home? Also the Waertagi were friendly to all Malkioni in
the beginning and not just the Brithini. Malkion was their father
and he had crossed the seas.

IMO the Brithini belief came about after Zistor was killed and
the people realized that they had no contact with the Otherside
and thus became fearful that they had lost their chance at
Solace. The Malkionized God-forgotten then tried living according
to reconstructed beliefs about Brithos so they could live longer
until a solution for their predicament could be found. After the
Great Setback during the Dragonkill War (Uz Lore mentions that the
True Golden Horde was intent on stealing the magical powers of the
newts for themselves), they became resigned to living in their
current lifestyle for now.

>>They bought the fable about them being Malkioni

>Told to them by their Waertagi trade partners until those were wiped off
>the oceans?

Why would the Waertagi tell the God-Forgotten that they are descended
from Malkion and not anybody else?

- --Peter Metcalfe