Eurmal, heroic liberator!

From: Simon Hibbs (simonh@msi-uk.com)
Date: Mon 02 Feb 1998 - 12:39:46 EET

Lee R. Insley says :

>Has the aspect of Eurmal as a hero been dropped? I thought Eurmal was
>key person in the Lightbringer's quest, and essentially was feeling
quilty
>about the suffering he had caused.

One of Eurmal's most notable contribution to the Lightbringer's Quest is
to betray Orlanth at a critical moment. It's a very 'Last Supper'
situation - someone's got to do it, and Eurmal as universal scapegoat
gets to do the dirty deed for the good of the world.

I imagine this endears him to the average Orlanthi about as much is
Judas Iscarriot is loved and chrished by the average christian.

Simon