RE: the Kralori Red Emperor & other maunderings

From: Sandy Petersen (SPetersen@ensemblestudios.com)
Date: Wed 04 Feb 1998 - 17:40:01 EET

re: The Kralori Red Emperor
As I was brooding on the implications of the "captive" Kralorelan Red
Emperor, it struck me that of course the Kralori, as center of the
universe, are likely to have courts from all over the world residing
with Godunya & his mandarins, where they can benefit from their immortal
wisdom. Therefore, I suggest that the Kralori Forbidden City include
subject courts for not only the Red Emperor, but also the Golden Emperor
(ruler of the East Isles & Vormain), the Artmali Emperor, a King of
Pent, an ice demon, and a Western Emperor. No doubt these slave-emperors
periodically issue proclamations and orders to their subjects, none of
whom ever hear a word about it.

Jane Williams
>Thanks for the stats, Sandy: this is the time I've seen any of the
"main" NPCs written out in RQ terms. Lots of high numbers >there: it
looked to me to have gone beyond the point at which RQ is normally
regarded as "broken". Has she actually been >played with those numbers?
        She works fine as a PC-killing machine at that level.

>Kallyr killed her. Somehow. Therefore, Kallyr's stats must be equally
impressive.
        Unless Gunda co-operated in her own death. Note that despite
Gunda's fearsome nature, she's far from unkillable. She'd have little
chance vs. the Crimson Bat, for instance. With luck and help, she can be
killed by a warrior inferior to herself -- Kallyr was probably not a (4)
Cf in Dragon Pass terms.

>aren't most of those stats and skills impossible to reach under normal
RQ rules? I know she's only half-human, but POW
>78, CON 45???
        She got them heroquesting. When she started, her CON & POW were
not outside human range.

Dario Corallo
>What is, in your opinion, the aspect of the race of the Gold Wheel
Dancers?
        They are shapeshifters taking at least three known forms:
        1) slim golden humanoids. In this form they are known to have
wed humans (and had children!).
        2) golden hula hoops that eternally roll, ringing as they do.
        3) a coin-shaped form. They turn into the coins when they are
dead, or sometimes only hibernating.