Re: lay membership

From: David Dunham (dunham@pensee.com)
Date: Thu 05 Feb 1998 - 02:25:13 EET

Erik Nolander asked

> First, would it be possible for a character to be a lay member of both
> Lanbril and Pavis, or are they incompatible?

I believe it's possible for someone to be a lay member of just about any
pair of cults. Lay membership simply isn't a serious commitment.

MOB wrote

> I still think
> Jeff's trip highlight must be being asked to shoot our national symbol and
> being handed a semi-automatic rifle within seconds of his arrival at Andrew
> Bean's country estate.

Hmph, as a US citizen, I would have been equally able to do it. I deferred
to Jeff only because he owns an NRA hat. Luckily, neither one of us
actually had to do the deed, which would apparently have broken at least
two local laws.

(For non-Americans: NRA = National Rifle Association, sort of a bunch of
semi-rational gun nuts.)

David Dunham <mailto:dunham@pensee.com>