Godunya's eighth bridge

From: Nils Weinander (nilsw@ibm.net)
Date: Thu 05 Feb 1998 - 09:19:13 EET

Goofing a bit a little while at work yesterday...

Godnuya's eighth bridge
- -----------------------

This is the second last text by Red Tiger's hand, written
the day before his death at age 109 (the last one being a
short poem). This text is kept at the monastery of Three
Towers and Rose Trees, in an enchanted cedarwood box
locked with a cobra sign. Only those students which have
progressed far towards enlightenment are allowed to read
it, as the masters think that it may distract those with
less evolved understanding.

I learned of the eighth bridge of our great emperor Ga
Dong Ah while meditating. My consciousness had sunk past
the Three Stages of Reduction and I was ready to emerge
on the other side of the veil. As my third eye opened, I
was so startled that I almost went back up the Ladder of
Consciousness. As I gazed upon the Final Station {that is
the literal translation, the phrase can be embellished as
the dragon beyond non-existence}, I saw the span of a stone
bridge reach out in a perfect arch.

When I had regained the appropriate state of mind I aproached
and started to walk the bridge. It was built of perfectly
cut green and blue jade. The surface stones were all perfect
hexagons. I proceeded with appropriate humility, for a bridge
in this place must be an offering beyond human mind.

The bridge ended halfway past the peak of it's arch. There,
an elderly man was slowly extending the bridge stone by stone.
When I approached he turned towards me and met my gaze with
a benign smile on his golden face. I have never had the honour
to see the glorious Dragon Emperor, but I knew immediately
that standing before me was the exalted Ga Dong Ah. Beyond
him was mist, but through the mist I could glimpse a shore
and golden tower roofs. Then I knew that the bridge would
reach the Heavenly Kingdoms.

I knew that he knew that I knew and then he turned back to
his work. I turned also and walked back across the bridge
and up the Ladder.
Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind
nilsw@ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689