A Rose By any other Name

From: Frederic Ferro (ferro@clipper.ens.fr)
Date: Thu 05 Feb 1998 - 14:53:34 EET

Richard the Tiger-hearted, the Rokari Robin Hood, is, like=20
Leonardo, a tongue-in-cheek reference to the RW I would prefer=20
to avoid IMG.I'd rather call Richard the Tiger-hearted=20
"Richard d'Estaurenic" but I wonder if a younger son of=20
the Count of Estaurenic could use this name.=20
The solution may be to change the reference from the King=20
of England to Ivanhoe. Richard's nickname would be=20
"the Disinherited" (El Desdischado, the "Prince Of the Abolished=20

Tower" in Gerard de Nerval's sonnet).

Another name is strange : Barbarian Town.
Why would the Orlanthi or the Pol-Joni found a city with such a name?

Who call it this way? Sun Dome Templars?=20
Should it be something like "Alakoring Town"?=20

Fred
- --
"Et j'ai deux fois vainqueur travers=E9 l'Ach=E9ron :
Modulant tour =E0 tour sur la lyre d'Orph=E9e
Les soupirs de la sainte et les cris de la f=E9e."-- Nerval's Heroquest