Ramalia

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@voyager.co.nz)
Date: Thu 05 Feb 1998 - 22:58:25 EET

Vesa Lehtinen:

> Does anyone have an idea what kind of place Ramalia could have been
>before the Slontos went under ? "Infested with mraloti hsunchen", well,
yes, >but anything beyond that ?

It was an Orlanthi (but not Heortling) Kingdom during the early years of
the first age (150 to 206 ST according to the Broken Council Guidebook)
which fell apart presumably under the impact of Mraloti and Pralori
invasions. The Guidebook mentions that it had become Malkioni by 355 ST
but gives no details.

It was apparently part of the Empire of Light as Arkat spent fifteen
years fighting in Slontos (425-440 ST). Afterwards it became some

sort of organised country as the Troll God paper handout mentions a
war with Slontan Marines around the start of the seventh century.
It quickly became a principal state within the God Learner Empire and
even the Emperor felt impelled to lead an army there to defeat the Loper
People in 805 ST (whereupon they vanished).

I've a reference somewhere that the Slime Deer are Slontan (I think it
was a post by Sandy telling about Slontos's last days) and given that
_Dorastor_ mentions that the Slime Deer were caused by the conversion
of the Sleek Deer God to chaos during the Chaos Wars, this would fit.

I imagine that the land suffered terrible curses from the Temple of
the United Eurmal and some of these japes still continue to this
day. To give Ramalia a grim atmosphere, I would suggest that these
japes have a malicious and/or horrific aspect (ie stored red wine
turns to blood).

- --Peter Metcalfe